You can evaluate the work culture of your establishment by just observing the staff. Do they respect higher authority? Do they actually care for their patients? How is the temporary staff being treated? Never ignore what your nurses, doctors and patients are trying to convey you. Go through your hospital's website and thoroughly check the reviews of the patients as this is will give you an insight of the work ethics of your staff. You need to keep checking the reviews in order to see if there is any progress in the work culture or not.
What your observations tell you? Does your hospital provide safety, proper care and values the dignity of its patients? If the answer is yes, this means that your hospital is following the ideal work ethics. If the answer is no, then it’s a matter of concern. This is the time for you to decide as where you need an improvement.
Things you should focus on with regards to an ideal hospital culture:
- Importance should be given to patient safety
- All staff should be treated equally
- There should be team spirit among the staff
- Better communication among the staff members
Once you have decided to make changes in the existing work culture, now it’s the time to implement those changes. Though, it’s not an easy task in the healthcare firm to bring changes in the work culture as there are quite a few number of temporary employees here. So, you need to follow some of the steps to counter this problem:
- Conduct staff meetings. Clearly convey to your employees regarding the kind of work ethics you expect from them and you should remind them about the same on a daily basis.
- Pay incentives to the employees who abide by the rules and regulations of the hospital.
- Make each and every employee feel that they are contributing towards the success of your hospital.
- You must set an example before your staff so that they follow you.
Keep doing well! Setting a work culture is not something which you start and then forget about it. It’s an ongoing process. So, to determine whether your hospital is progressing or not, you must always keep doing the same thing time and again and that is Observe, listen and survey. If you do this, you will definitely see the progress. Remember that you are just an advisor, but it’s your staff that can make it happen.
We at Absolute Staffers can help you by providing reliable and experienced candidates who are looking for medical healthcare jobs in the US. Call at +1 301-498-0000 to know more about our services and solutions for the medical industry.